Premiere of Season 7, dragons drama inspired by the War of the Roses is back, on Sunday July 16th, 2017, at 6pm, 9pm ET on DirecTV
By Gabrielle Pantera
HOLLYWOOD, CA (Hollywood Daily Star) 2017/7/16 – “I never think of it like that,” says Game of Throne star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who has slept with his sister in the series. “He’s in love with the wrong woman.”
“You can find everything online if you want to,” says Coster-Waldau. “There are so many fans. They know so much more about this world than I do. They figure it out.” However, he won’t confirm which of the online fan story theories are correct.
Before Thrones, Coster-Waldau, who’s from Denmark, starred mostly in feature films like Blackhawk Down. However, his first big audition for a Hollywood feature didn’t go as planned.
“The first time I came to Hollywood I was auditioning for this film Vertical Limit in London,” says Coster-Waldau. “They were excited. They wanted to test me for the lead. I was like, wow, I made it to Hollywood. To be honest, I was scared. I went into the makeup chair and they started to make me look like…do you remember the first Lethal Weapon? Mel Gibson had this big hair and the whole thing was moving. A mullet. I had that and didn’t recognize myself. It was a horrible test. I served myself a big piece of humble pie.”
Game of Thrones is based on the fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin.
Premiere Sunday July 16, 2017 6pm, 9pm ET on DirecTV
Episode #61 Dragonstone
Kit Harrington as Jon Snow has been named King in the North after defeating Ramsay Bolton in the Battle of the Bastards. Winterfell is back in the hands of the Starks. He’s organizes the defense of the North.
Lena Headly as Cersei tries to even the odds in King’s Landing. She’s already killed the high Sparrow, his followers and her rivals in the Sept of Baelor. But can she win against the white walkers.
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen returns home. At her side are her dragons and the new Hand of the Queen.
Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister is working against his own family as the Hand of the Queen Denerys.
Written for television by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.
Premiere Sunday July 23, 2017 6pm PT, 9pm ET on DirecTV
Episode #62 Stormborn
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys receives an unexpected visitor. Kit Harington as Jon faces a revolt. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion plans the conquest of Westeros.
Written for television by Bryan Cogman; directed by Mark Mylod.
Premiere Sunday July 30th, 2017 6pm PT 9pm on DirecTV
Episode #63 The Queen’s Justice
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys holds court. Lena Headey as Cersei returns a gift. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as JaimeLannister learns from his mistakes.
Written for television by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.
You can also access the series via HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and affiliate portals.
- Peter Dinklage (@Peter_Dinklage) as Tyrion Lannister
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister
- Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
- Emilia Clarke (@emiliaclarke) as Daenerys Targaryen
- Aidan Gillen as Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
- Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Diana Rigg as Lady Olenna Tyrell
- Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
- Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
- Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy
- John Bradley as Samwell Tarly
- Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth
- Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei
- Jerome Flynn as Bronn
- Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont
- Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark
- Conleth Hill as Varys
- Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane
- Hannah Murray as Gilly
- Carice van Houten as Melisandre
- Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand
- Pilou Asbaek as Euron Greyjoy
- Rory McCann as Sandor “The Hound” Clegane
- Richard Dormer as Beric Dondarrion
New cast members:
- Jim Broadbent as Archmaester Marwyn
- Tom Hopper
- Megan Parkinson as Alys Karstark
- Ed Sheeran
Executive producers of Game Of Thrones are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield. Co-executive producers Bryan Cogman, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis and George R.R. Martin.