Six directors, six topics reveal exciting scientific breakthroughs premiers with the episode on pandemics on Sunday, November 1st, 2015 at 9/8c, or watch it now online, video embedded below *** Three Stars
By Gabrielle Pantera
HOLLYWOOD, CA (Hollywood Daily Star) – 2015/11/1 – “My film is about aging,” says Breakthrough director Ron Howard. “I chose that subject. I relate… I thought it was the one with the highest level of relatability. We’re all touched by it. A little wink and a nod, I admit, that thirty years ago I made Cocoon, a movie about people looking for the fountain of youth. I thought there was some link there.”
Sneak peak! Watch the first episode above…
Watch before it airs tonight on Nat Geo by clicking on the video above. Start talking about it by posting your comments to twitter and tag with @NatGeoChannel, #breakthrough, or @hollywooddailys.
The world premiere of National Geographic Channel and GE’s series Breakthrough features breakthroughs the scientific community grapples with to provide a solution for a specific problem.
Six directors Angela Bassett, Peter Berg, Paul Giamatti, Akiva Goldsman, Ron Howard and Brett Ratner each cover a different topic that’s either paramount to our survival or helps current and future generations. The topics are: water, pandemics, cyborg technology, energy, longevity and brain science. And each director chose the topic that they felt passionate about.
Viewer Discretion Advised
The first episode is about pandemics. There were parts of it that were a bit hard to watch like the blood, needles, people dying and dead. I understand that it was put in for dramatic effect, but I think it could have stood alone with just the science of it all. Directed and narrated by Peter Berg.
The series, co-produced with GE, is made by Imagine Entertainment and Asylum Entertainment.
- Sunday November 8th, 2015 9/8c More than Human – Robotics and how it’s helping humans regain their mobility Directed and narrated by by Paul Giamatti
- Sunday November 15th, 2015 9/8c Decoding the Brain – Finding the brains full potential. Directed by Brett Ratner Narrated by Adrien Brody
- Sunday November 29th, 2015 9/8c The Age of Aging – Do we really have to age or can it be like Cocoon Directed and narrated by Ron Howard.
- Sunday December 6th, 2015 9/8c Energy on The Edge Is clean energy the answer to our energy crisis? Directed by Akiva Goldsman and narrated by Jason Bateman
- Sunday December 13, 2015 9/8c Water Apocolypse Will there be enough clean water for the world? Directed and narrated by Angela Bassett